Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day (a day late) to all you Mommy's out there!  I had a fantastic day and was able to spend it with all the amazing and wonderful Mom's in my life!  I came up with a bit of a creative idea for Mother's day and if you know me, I am NOT very creative in terms of making things! :)  I decided that Carson was going to paint a pot for both our moms and for my grandma. Gabe and I first started off by painting clay pots yellow.  My original idea was to have Carson's handprints and footprints all over them.  Well, that idea didn't work so well.  He wanted to play with the pots. . .  so that is exactly what we had him do!  I squeezed 2 different colors of puffy paint in each hand and he went to town on the pots!  It was a disaster and it took both Gabe and I to keep his hands and everything else out of his mouth but they turned out so cute! :)  After the pots were dry, I covered his feet with yet another color and attempted to place footprints on the pots.  I even planted the pots with flowers. . . had to ask the lady at Walmart what would look good together! :)  Here is the finished product! :)

Carson 2 minutes into painting. . .he was much worse by the end but we were too frazzled to snap pictures by then! :)
4 Generations of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment