Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Our Exciting News!

Well. .I guess it is time to share the news. . . Carson is going to be a BIG BROTHER! :) 
Gabe and I are extremely excited to add to our family and Carson is thrilled to be getting a baby brother/sister!

How we found out (or how I found out I should say):
Let's rewind back to getting pregnant with Carson--Gabe was away at a football clinic when I decided to take a test and so I couldn't tell him for about 12 hours--TORTURE!
Well--this time around, I was visiting one of my best friends and was having some really odd feelings that I hadn't experienced since the last time I had been pregnant.  I didn't think much about them but Jenny suggested taking a test just to make sure so I did and. . . POSITIVE!  Gabe was not with me again. . he was playing in a basketball tournament in Spencer--just my luck. . again. . couldn't tell him for at least 12 hours :(  I should have learned my lesson the first time around and waited until we were together. . .but I didn't think much abou it. . or much rather didn't think the test could be positive! :)

I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday and have an ultrasound on Friday to get an exact due date. (Right now it's around December 10th)  Gabe wasn't able to get off work, so I had to go alone.  I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and was thrilled to know things are looking good!  I will keep you all updated as this journey progresses.
This is how we told parents. . .
A mother's day bouquet made with love by Carson
 And within the bouquet was this. .

4 comments:

  1. AHHHH congratulations!!! So many new babies. :-) So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I was waiting for the annoucement to come. We are so excited and happy for you guys, and I am positive Carson is going to make the best big brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girls! Now we only have 1 remaining to jump on board with this. . JULIE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday! For now I am enjoying everyone else's babies. Ask me a again in a couple months and MAYBE by then I will have my head wrapped around the idea. No promises. :)

    ReplyDelete