Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baby Update!

So just thought I would give you all a quick update on Baby Baughman #2!  At our 22ish week ultrasound, they found that I have a 2 vessel cord instead of a 3 vessel cord.  What this basically means is that there is only one vessel leading to the baby providing nutrients instead of 2 vessels like in normal pregnancies.  My doctor said this is fairly common, but he wanted to get a level 2 ultrasound done as precaution.
Gabe and I went down to Omaha today for our level 2 scan.  Good news is that the doctor came in afterwards and said the baby is looking fantastic and everything is developing as it should.  However, he wants to monitor closely the baby's development so he wants me coming in once a month for an ultrasound.  At 32 weeks, he also wants me getting stress tests done 2 times a week to make sure the baby is continuing to do well.  So needless to say. . . this Mommy is going to be doing a lot of traveling in the next 3 months making sure our little peanut is continuing to grow as it should be!
During our ultrasound, we also got a 3D peak at babycakes!  It was so CRAZY seeing our baby come up on the screen and having everything be so vivid!  Of course I am posting a picture below of what we got to see today!  I will keep you all informed as the next few months go by! :)

Our lil' stinker!
(Notice that there is a foot right next to his/her's face. . gosh I wish I was that flexible! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment