Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baby Update

Hello All,
If you haven't heard, we have a new addition to the family. .. Kellen Richard Baughman was born on November 17th at 3:30 p.m.  He was 7 lb. 11 oz. and 21 1/4 inches long.  He is the most handsome little boy and I am in love.

Just a little bit about what has been going on the last few days.  I came into the hospital Wednesday night because I wasn't feeling well and was having some contractions.  I thought I may have the flu, but the nurse said to come in to get checked out.  They ended up keeping me overnight and the contractions persisted.  My doctor came in Thursday and checked me and told me I was in labor.  I had a c-section planned for the week after Thanksgiving, but this baby boy decided he wanted to join this world a little sooner than that!  After being delivered, he was having some issues with his lungs and getting enough air.  After waiting about 6 hours and monitoring him closely, my doctor decided to send him to Omaha via helicopter because things weren't improving like he had hoped.  Gabe took off for Omaha with Kellen while I had to stay behind to recover from surgery.  As I write this, I am still sitting in my hospital room while Gabe is down in Omaha with Kellen.  I am hoping to be released tomorrow so I can go see my little man--I miss him terribly and this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
There has been so much support and prayers from family and friends and we are so thankful for that and appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.  Carson is a trooper and has been hanging out with both sets of grandparents.  Again, so thankful for such amazing family.  I don't know what we would do without them.

Update on Kellen: Doctor said his lungs are premature.   He hasn't gone backwards, but he hasn't improved either so this afternoon they gave him a shot in his lungs (not sure what it was called but it's something they give to premature babies with undeveloped lungs).  Now it is just waiting to see how he reacts to this.

I will keep you all updated as I know more!  Pictures to come.. . Daddy has the camera with him!

Thank you all again for all the prayers!  They are truly what is getting all of us through this tough time!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of you! I can't imagine how hard it must be to be separated from Kellan, Carson, and Gabe right now.

    ReplyDelete