Monday, April 27, 2009

Busy Weekend

This past Friday, Gabe and I took the day off from school and headed up to Okoboji. Not so much for play but for work. . . Gabe helped my dad put a steel roof on our lake home. Friday was beautiful! I was the errand girl-- oh and I did provide snacks and make lunch. . Subway it was!
Saturday, however, was FREEZING! It was like 38 degrees so mom and I tried to find ways to stay warm! Lot of Layers!!! The boys however got the roof on so no more leaks!!! It looks fantastic! I didn't get pictures of the final product--I was too cold to go outside and snap some more shots!

Sunday was a down pour so we headed home to catch Dena's dance recital--she did great by the way! We got back home last night to find we had almost 4 inches of rain over the weekend-- and some of which was leaking through our walls of our basement:( We have plans to finish our basement this summer so we are going to have to do a little repairing before then!

Mommy-to-be update:
I'm still feeling fabulous! I feel so fortunate to to be feeling so good! A cute little story about today-- I had one of my little preschoolers at recess come up and rub my stomach and ask if I had a baby growing inside of me--after my reply of yes (he definitely wasn't expecting that answer) he turned and told all the little ones around him that I have a "real live baby inside me" He just couldn't believe it! :) His little voice and reaction was adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment