Thursday, June 4, 2009

HALF WAY!!!!!

So I am officially halfway!! I am 20 weeks today and we had our first ultrasound. WOW! What an incredible experience. I was expecting to go in, see the baby. . maybe. . .for a few seconds and walk out with a paper copy of our child. Instead, we were in the ultrasound room for over a half hour and got to see all the different parts and views of our baby. We walked out with 10 photos--unbelievable! It was so exciting seeing the little legs kicking and he/she's profile. We have a THUMB SUCKER! It was so cute, she zoomed in on the babies face and arms and the little arms were both up by the face and baby was sucking on his/her right hand! Everything looks good and there don't seem to be any abnormalities which we were happy to hear. Our baby is weighing in at 1 POUND; which is bigger than what I should be at. By the measurements, the nurse thought I looked about a week over what I say I'm at; so we will have to see!

So, the sex was identified but Gabe and I do not know. We are not sure if we want to know yet or not. But if we do, we have the results in a sealed envelope. You think I would be going crazy knowing that I have the results in hand but I am actually very content with it at the moment. I apologize for not having a picture up--I didn't get a chance to take one today and get it downloaded and everything. I will try and get one up within the next couple of days.

Oh yes, and for all of you that enjoy hearing about our little "fruit" or "vegetable"-- Baby Baughman is about the length of a banana this week! :)
My 20 week doctors appointment is tomorrow so I will know a little more after that--anybody want to take a guess at how much weight I've gained this month?!?!?!?! :)

1 comment: