Thursday, July 9, 2009

Boji Weekend


This is the first chance I have gotten to blog since last week--whoops!   I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th!  We headed up to Okoboji on Thursday night hoping to get some great sunny boating days in. . .boy were we wrong!  Friday morning we woke up to clouds and it rained off and on alllll day--so my dad, mom, Gabe, and I went to a flee market to waste some time--found some great buys by the way!  We got back about 6 and it wasn't raining so I had this idea of heading out for a boat ride!  We boated over to the Gardens for some FRIED PICKLES!!!!  YUM!  We got back about 8:30--just in time for the rain to start coming again!  Since we couldn't sit by the fire, we all played scrabble!  :)  Gabe's brother Brandon and his fiance Erin came up for the weekend so when they got there Friday night, we played a few card games!  It was a lot of fun.
Gabe's other brother Trav came up for the weekend with his girlfriend Lindsey--and we were ALL hoping for a Sunny Saturday--didn't happen.  It was cloudy allllll day and we were in between blankets and putting on sweatshirts off and on all day--BUT, we boated to fireworks that night and it was a perfect night for that!  

Trying to stay warm on the boat!  Brandon was a brave soul with his shirt off!

My parents. . . we were missing my sister--who had to work :(

The weekend wasn't over yet, right?!?!  Sunday we woke up and we saw SUN!  YAYA!!!!  You would have thought we woke up and it was Christmas morning because we saw the sun.  We spent the day on the boat and it was . . in my dad's words. . "A TOP 10 DAY on the lake"  We even got into the water; I thought i was going to put the baby in shock because it was so cold but it got better after a couple of minutes.  What a fabulous weekend! :)

Swimsuit shot!

Gabe was trying to make his stomach as big as mine!  Nice try huh!

Gabe hasn't seen sun on his stomach allll summer!  Thank goodness for the sun on Sunday!

Brrrr!!!!   


Other exciting news this week:
My mom came out and helped me paint one of our rooms--I did it in Safari Sun--I LOVE IT!  Next week she is coming out and we are painting the nursery--I'm going with a neutral color for that though so I can add my own spunk in decorations--after we know what we are having.  Still haven't looked in the envelope!

And last but not least, I'm 25 weeks pregnant and when looking at what vegetable that baby baughman compares to this week, I could barely pronounce it!  But here you are--this is compared to the baby's weight this week.


RUTABAGA!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment