Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Shopping. . .

Gabe and I decided to venture into Des Moines today to finish a little Christmas shopping. My mom was gracious enough to come watch Carson so we didn't have to drag him into the madness! You all can probably about imagine how much I had twist her arm to come watch him. . HA! I knew the malls and everywhere would be busy. . . but WHOA! It was insanely busy! I love to shop and today wasn't even enjoyable for me. Gabe hates to shop so I can about imagine what he was thinking. He had a great attitude though and did not complain one time!:) We did our stops at the mall and then had to run to Kohls and Target. Gabe and I decided we were going to be in and out of both stores because by this time we were ready to get out of the city! We were in and out of Kohls within 20 minutes. We showed up at Target at 2:40 and decided to split up and try to be walking out the door by 3. Your thinking impossible, right?!? Considering that it took us 5 minutes just to walk from our parking spot into the store I was thinking the same. We got into Target, split up, got the few things on the list, and met at the cash register. All the check out lines were rediculous but we patiently waited and were walking out of Target at 3:03. . . pretty impressive huh!!!
We got home to our sleeping baby and my mom. . .who had done up quite a bit of baking throughout the day. She had to take advantage of my stove since hers broke on her this week!

I absolutely love this time of year. Even though today was craziness, it was still fun to absorb the Christmas spirit. Gabe and I enjoy getting to spend time with so much family over the holidays! It will be so fun since this is Carson's first Christmas!

I had to share this picture that I took tonight. Carson woke up from his 3 1/2 hour nap about 6:30 and had completely peed through his outfit. Since tonight was bath night I didn't want to put him in his pajamas quite yet so I put him in this star snuggy blanky that he got from one of my teacher friends! So Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment