Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How our little stinker started the day!

So let's rewind to last night! Carson was getting a bit fussy and it seemed like he was a bit hoarse and looked like he didn't feel the best so about 7:00 I decided to give him a bath, feed him, and put him to bed! The last couple of nights I have put him on his back and he just starts crying and so I try rocking him to sleep and laying him down again. . and crying again. So I turn him over to his tummy. . no more tears. . sleepy boy! He always takes his naps on his tummy but never at night when we are all sleeping. I know you aren't supposed to put babies on their tummies, but if he wants to be on his tummy, I am going to let him be on his tummy! So anyway, he fell asleep about 8 and slept until FIVE O'CLOCK this morning! This is huge because the last week and a half he has not slept the greatest!

Back to starting the day! I get Carson up to change him and feed him and he has completely peed through his diaper so I yell to Gabe to assist in changing the bedding. About this time I get a phone call that we have a 2 hour late start. . WHOOO-HOO! After feeding, I lay him on his back. . again starts crying so I roll him to his tummy. . .content as can be! I decide to go back to bed and set my alarm for 7:30 thinking Carson will never sleep that long but I can always hope, right?!?! Well, to my amazement, my alarm goes off and Carson is still sound asleep. . the little stinker slept until 8:30! I pick him up and he has completely peed through his nighty AGAIN and his hair is completely matted and crusted to his head from spit up! Oh Boy! I yell to Gabe to start the water and I quickly bathe him. I decide to take Carson to the couch to get him dressed since I was already ready and the bathroom floor is so small. I am putting lotion on him when I hear this splatter sound on the coach. . . OH NOOO! I yell to Gabe again. . . Carson has just peed all over our couch (thank goodness it's leather). So after the pee is cleaned up and he is finally dressed, it's time to feed him before heading out the door! What a morning! Thanks to my wonderful husband for assisting in all these little surprises this morning! :)
By the way, I love being a Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment