Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wedding, Baby Showers, and more

Well, do I have a lot to tell! I will try and keep it short but it was a CRAZY busy weekend!

Before I begin, I would like to show you guys my 35 week picture. . yes, I'm HUGE!



Lets start with Friday night--after school I drove back home for a wedding reception. My friends Katie and Luke got married and what a beautiful reception. Katie looked gorgeuos and I got to see SOOO many friends that I haven't seen in awhile. One of my best friends, Jenny, is pregnant also--but she isn't due until January. Being girls, and pregnant best friends, we were sure to get plenty of pictures!! And we did!

Jenny and I with our big bellies

Friends reunited

Sipping on our shirley temples!


Saturday I took our freshman and jv girls to a volleyball tournament all day. . very long day but our freshman came out with a 2nd place trophy. . so whoo hoo!

Saturday night, we headed back home for a birthday bash for Gabe's dad! And this is where things start getting interesting! We showed up a bit late, just in time to go through the food line! Yum! After supper was over, Lindsey (Trav's gf) and Erin (Brandon's fiancee) wanted to go for a short walk so I was all for it. When we got back, everyone was told to go inside so Jim could open his presents. For some reason, I was leading the way into the house and as I was walking into the dining room, everyone started taking pictures of me. . SOOO CONFUSED AT THIS POINT. Then, everyone yells, "SURPRISE!" Gabe was beside me and these were his words at the surprise. . " You guys just wasted the gooood surprise on Paula" --Gabe was SOOO confused at this point also. It turns out the SURPRISE was for Gabe and I-- Gabe's family had put together a baby shower for us-- A SURPRISE BABY SHOWER! I had so many emotions at this point--the dining room table was completely covered in gifts and decorations. We got some awesome stuff and have such an amazing family. It was overwhelming all the stuff we got!

We started off playing a few games:
Game 1: Everyone had to cut a piece of string on how big they thought I was around--Lori and Gabe's Aunt Sue were exact! Gabe's dad however had me triple the size I really am--:)
Game 2: Everyone was given a piece of paper of Gabe and I's names and had to come up with baby names for each letter--the best answer was probably Gabe's Aunt Phyllis. . she had Ulga for the U in my name! ha!
Game 3: Gabe and I had a diaper changing contest--to start off we had to use cloth diapers-- and I ended up not being able to finish because when I pulled the diaper off, out flung a hershey's kiss mini poop!


Game 4: Gabe and I had to taste 6 different baby foods and guess what they were--we got none right. . and they were all nasty--Gabe stated he was not feeding this stuff to our child!
All of us girls with the homemade diaper cake that Lindsey and Erin put together! Loved it!


Sunday, my friends, Vanessa, BI, and BR threw me a baby shower down in Omaha at V's house. What a great party! I received some more wonderful things and now can say I am completely ready for Baby Baughman to be here! I have such amazing friends and am so lucky to have so many loving people in my life.

BI, V, Me, BR

One game we played was seeing who could look the most pregnant. . .hmmm:) I hope I don't really look that bad!


So this blog definitely wasn't short, but had to get everything in and capture all the photo moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment